Categorized | News

Fire burns shack in Puna early Sunday morning (March 24)

By Hawaii 24/7 Staff

Fire/rescue crews responded to a 3:50 a.m. alarm Sunday (March 24) to 11-1744 Ohelo Street in Eden Roc subdivision for a structure fire.

Crews arrived to find a 12-by-20 foot shack type structure, a tarp roof with the contents engulfed in flames. Some brush next to the shack also caught fire. Firefighters had the blaze under control by 4:20 a.m and it was declared out at 5 a.m.

The person in the shack said she accidentally knocked over a lit candle starting the fire. She had some minor injury to her feet but did not request medical treatment.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

RSS Weather Alerts

  • An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.