Categorized | News

Good samaritans put out fire at Blane’s Drive Inn Sunday (Sept 17)

By Hawaii 24/7 Staff

Fire/rescue crews responded to a 3:28 a.m. alarm Sunday (Sept 17) to Blane’s Drive Inn at 150 Wiwoole Street in Hilo for a fire.

Upon arrival firefighters found that good samaritans had already put out the fire which was outside the takeout counter burning a 12 by 6 foot area. The good samaritans made the call for the fire department. They saw the fire and kicked in a door into Blane’s to get a fire extinguisher from the building and put the blaze out.

The building was ventilated of smoke and the scene was turned over to police and fire investigators. The cause of the fire appeared to be suspicious in nature. Damage was estimated to be about $14,400 with $625,000 saved in the fire. There were no injuries reported in the blaze.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

RSS Weather Alerts

  • An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.