Categorized | News

Quick thinking son saves home in Papaaloa Saturday (March 22)


View Nanu Street in a larger map

By Hawaii 24/7 Staff

Fire/rescue crews answered a 4:58 a.m. alarm Saturday (March 22) to 35-2040 Nanu Street in Papaaloa for a laundry room fire.

Crews arrived to find a laundry room fire which had been extinguished. The homeowner’s son had awoken to the sound of crackling noises and found the laundry sink ablaze with fire spreading to the walls. The son used a garden hose to extinguish the fire before fire crews arrived.

Due to the quick-thinking of the son the fire was contained to the laundry room area with some damage to the home. About $10,000 in damage was caused in the blaze.

The cause of the fire was reported to be an electrical short in a light switch. The quick response by the son helped save the home, two car garage and attached studio. There were no injuries reported.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Become a fan on facebook

 

Quantcast
%d bloggers like this: