Categorized | Business, Environment, News, Weather

Document damages from Flossie (UPDATE July 30, 5 p.m.)


Hawaii State Civil Defense and the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs would like to share some tips following Flossie’s path over the Hawaiian Islands.


If your home was impacted by the storm, contact your county civil defense/emergency management agency to report damages:

Hawaii 808-935-0031

Maui 808-270-7285

City and County of Honolulu 808-723-8960

Kauai 808-241-1800

Some agencies may also have damage report forms online.

It is important for emergency management to have a full picture of damage from Flossie, but be aware that reporting damages at this stage does not mean you are registered for government aid.


Take pictures of any damage to your home or business. Keeping good records will help with any damage claims you make through insurance and can make it easier to qualify for aid if it becomes available.

You will want to capture any flood water heights in your home or business (place an identifiable object next to water marks for scale); any wind damage (take pictures of what has blown off and where it blew off from); as well as damage to personal property such as electronics and furniture.


Review your insurance policy and contact your insurer. Should you have any questions, or your insurer denies a claim you feel is covered by your policy, contact the Hawaii Insurance Division at 586-2790.

Tropical Storm Flossie is a good reminder to check your insurance policies to ensure you are properly and adequately covered, to take pictures of your possessions and make an inventory list which will assist you in filing a claim in the event of a loss.


Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.


%d bloggers like this: