Categorized | News

Fire at UH-Hilo campus sets off alarms, burns gas dryer

By Hawaii 24/7 Staff

Fire/rescue crews responded to a 7:02 p.m. alarm Sunday (Feb 19) to the UH-Hilo campus for a structure fire.

Firefighters arrived finding a smoke alarm going off in the athletic complex with light smoke near the new gymnasium. Crews found a smoldering fire in an industrial gas dryer located in the Physical Education Building #320. The fire was put out with a fire extinguisher and firehose.

The gas dryer was burned with a loss estimated at $10,000. Only minor smoke damage was found in the building. The cause of the fire is under investigation.

One Response to “Fire at UH-Hilo campus sets off alarms, burns gas dryer”

  1. Impact Alarm says:

    Dryer fires are very common. People need to remember to clean the lint tray every time they throw a load in.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks


Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

RSS Weather Alerts

  • An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.

 

Quantcast