Categorized | News

100 year-old man rescued by police officer and neighbors from fire scene


Fire/rescue units responded to a 6:15 p.m. alarm for a single-story fire at 424 Iloko Street in Hilo Saturday (Dec 4).

Upon arrival firefighters found that Hawaii County police officer D. Uyetake had already arrived on scene and evacuated a 100 year-old man from a rear bedroom with the help of neighbors. Officer Uyetake also removed the burning hazard from the building.

Fire crews ventilated the heavy smoke contained in the home and Iloko Street was closed during the operation.

The loss in the fire is estimated to be $100 and the cause was determined to be an unattended pot left cooking on a propane burner.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

RSS Weather Alerts

  • An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.