Categorized | News

Got junk cars? County can help

An abandoned car in Puna district. (Photo by Baron Sekiya/

An abandoned car in Puna district. (Photo by Baron Sekiya/


If you have junk cars on your property, the county can help.  The Department of Environmental Management’s Amnesty Program can remove two derelict vehicles from your private property for free.

The private property owner or a certified representative must complete and sign the application. You may obtain an Amnesty Application by calling 961-8552 or online at….

Applications may be dropped off or mailed to the Solid Waste Division, Amnesty Program, 108 Railroad Avenue, Hilo, Hawaii  96720.

To report an abandoned vehicle on a public highway, public or private street or thoroughfare, call police dispatch at 935-3311 or the county’s Abandoned Vehicle Program at 961-8552.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Become a fan on facebook


%d bloggers like this: